New Mexico Intellectual Property Litigation Attorneys
Trademark Infringement Actions | Copyright Disputes | Breach of Trade Secret Agreements
In today’s business environment, a company’s intellectual property is often its most valuable asset. When you encounter unauthorized use or exploitation of a trademark, a copyrighted work or a protected trade secret, it’s important that you swiftly take appropriate legal action to protect your property. Buchanan Law can help.
At Buchanan Law, we bring more than 20 years of litigation experience to individuals and business throughout New Mexico. Attorney Deena Buchanan has broad trial experience, having successfully served as a lead attorney in a number of high stakes cases. She’s known by clients, colleagues and judges for her poise and composure, even in the most pressure-packed situations.
Deena knows from experience that every IP controversy is different. She’ll carefully gather, evaluate and preserve all the evidence in your case, so that she can build the most compelling arguments to get the relief you seek. She understands the importance of consistent communication, and strives to be available and accessible when you have questions or concerns.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation with my team. We fight for our clients throughout New Mexico from our Albuquerque office.
Our Representation in Intellectual Property Disputes
We represent parties on either side of certain types of intellectual property controversies:
- Trademark infringement—We’ll aggressively seek damages or other relief if someone improperly uses your registered trademark or seeks to wrongfully benefit from the goodwill established by your trademarks
- Copyright infringement—We’ll help you pursue relief when another person or entity wrongfully uses your copyrighted items, including images, written works, graphics, sound recordings or compilations
- Trade secrets—As a general rule, your trade secrets will be protected by non-disclosure agreements. We represent parties in breach of contract agreements involving the unauthorized disclosure of trade secrets.
We can help you pursue different types of relief in an intellectual property dispute, including:
- Statutory damages—You may be entitled to compensation for infringement pursuant to federal trademark or copyright laws
- Compensatory damages—We’ll help you seek monetary relief to compensate you for lost revenues or other tangible losses
- A cease and desist order—We can also help you obtain a court order requiring the infringing party to stop all wrongful activity
Contact an Experienced New Mexico IP Litigation Attorney
When your intellectual property rights are being violated, we can help. To determine your eligibility for a free initial consultation, contact our offices online or call us at 505-900-3559. We are available to meet with you evenings or weekends, if necessary. All major credit cards are welcome.