New Mexico Birth Injury Lawyer
The birth of a child should be one of the most joyous events in your life. But the birth process requires that medical personnel exercise reasonable care. When they don’t, the consequences can be tragic. If your child has suffered needless injury as a part of the birth process, Buchanan Law can help.
At Buchanan Law, we have more than 20 years of experience handling complex claims, including medical malpractice and birth injury. A victim of personal injury herself, attorney Deena Buchanan knows the uncertainty and anxiety it can create. She’s also defended clients in personal injury litigation, so she knows the tactics and strategies that insurance companies use.
Deena’s a seasoned and proven trial attorney who has served as lead counsel in a number of multi-million dollar personal injury disputes, including wrongful death claims. She’s earned a strong reputation with clients, colleagues and judges as a calm and confident presence throughout trial.
Though Deena has successfully handled legal matters in more than 20 states, we concentrate our personal injury practice on matters that need to be resolved in New Mexico. Deena Buchanan has a comprehensive knowledge of the laws and courts in the Land of Enchantment, as well as how judges here typically try medical malpractice claims. We maintain an office in Albuquerque, but can meet with you in person anywhere in the state.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation with my team. We fight for our clients throughout New Mexico from our Albuquerque office.
We know from experience that every injury claim is different, so we’ll listen carefully to learn the details of your injury, as well as your goals, so that we can take the right measures to get the outcome you want. We provide a free initial consultation to most people with a personal injury claim. For a confidential meeting, call our offices at 505-900-3559 or contact us online to arrange an appointment.
Our Representation in Birth Injury Claims
We’ll carefully investigate the facts of your case, working closely with medical experts to determine the standard of care and prepare and present effective arguments to show that medical professionals breached that standard, causing a birth injury.
We handle a wide range of birth injury claims, including cases involving:
- Cerebral palsy caused by oxygen deprivation or forceps/vacuum extraction trauma
- Brain or spinal cord injuries resulting from lack of oxygen, mechanical injury or failure to provide other needed services during delivery
- Erb’s palsy, caused by shoulder Dystocia, resulting in nerve damage to the infant’s shoulder or upper arm
- Damage to the brachial plexus network of nerves in the neck, causing injury to the upper limbs
- Premature birth injuries, from retinopathy (damage to the retinas) to cerebral palsy, hearing impairment, cognitive delays and poor development.
- Anoxia and hypoxia injuries, where the infant is either completely deprived of oxygen during delivery or is denied a proper amount of oxygen
- Patent Ductus Arteriosis (PDA), a condition affecting the heart
- Gastroschisis, a birth defect of the abdominal wall, where interior organs may initially be outside the body
We will help you pursue full and fair compensation for all your losses, including current and future medical expenses, rehabilitation or physical therapy, long-term care and other special needs of your child. We also handle wrongful death claims arising out of birth injuries.
Contact Our Offices
Let Buchanan Law aggressively protect your rights in the aftermath of a birth injury caused by medical malpractice or negligence. For a private consultation, contact us by e-mail or call our offices at 505-900-3559. We can arrange an evening or weekend appointment, if necessary.