Oil Field Safety Policies for Workers
Your Right to Be Safe When Working in Oil and Gas Extraction
There are nearly half a million Americans working in oil and gas extraction businesses, with many involved with complex industrial processes that facilitate drilling and servicing wells. It’s a dangerous occupation, but that doesn’t mean you have to incur unnecessary risk. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has established a list of rights for workers in all occupations, designed to ensure that employers take reasonable steps to maximize worker safety. If you or someone you love has been hurt in an oil field accident, due to carelessness or negligence by an oil field operator, you have a right to seek damages to cover all your losses. Buchanan Law can help.
At Buchanan Law, we have over 20 years of experience. A personal injury survivor herself, Deena Buchanan has seen personally the impact it can have on every part of your life. She’s also defended insurance companies in personal injury lawsuits, so she knows the strategies and tactics they’ll employ to try to delay, minimize or defeat your claim.
Deena Buchanan is a proven trial lawyer who has been lead counsel on a number of multi-million dollar personal injury disputes, including wrongful death actions. She’s highly respected by clients, judges and other attorneys for her poise and composure throughout the legal process.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation with my team. We fight for our clients throughout New Mexico from our Albuquerque office.
Deena has handled legal controversies in more than 20 states, but focuses her personal injury practice on claims arising in New Mexico. She has an extensive knowledge of the laws and legal procedures in the Land of Enchantment.
At Buchanan Law, we know from experience that every personal injury claim is unique. We’ll take the time to learn the facts and circumstances of your case and map out a strategy just for you. To set up an appointment, call our offices at 505-900-3559 or contact us online to set up a free initial consultation.
Your Rights as an Oil Field Worker
Pursuant to OSHA directives, you have the right to:
- Work in an environment that does not pose a “serious risk of harm”
- Review and obtain copies of all records related to work injuries or illnesses
- Receive training from or through your employer (in words and language you can understand) advising you of workplace safety risks, OSHA standards for your workplace and ways to minimize the risk of injury on the job
- Notify OSHA by filing a complaint, requesting an inspection of your workplace, should a dangerous situation exist (OSHA will keep your identity confidential)
- Engage in any legal action or exercise any legal right without fear of retaliation
OSHA has set forth specific policies governing safety at oil and gas extraction facilities, which address:
- Motor vehicle operations and collisions
- Falling objects
- Crane, derrick and hoist safety
- Derrick stability
- Explosions and fires
- Falls from heights
- Work in confined spaces
- High pressure lines and equipment
Experienced New Mexico Personal Injury Attorney
Don’t accept an oil field accident injury, just because you think the job is inherently dangerous! You have a right to a safe workspace. Let Buchanan Law protect your rights.
To set up a free initial consultation, send us an e-mail or call us at 505-900-3559. We can meet with you evenings or weekends, at your request. We take all major credit cards.